Philosophies & Values
We believe that although AD/HD causes challenge, sometimes very devastating challenge, in a person's life, it also typically comes with some wonderful gifts. Many people come to us thinking that they are "defective" – that is not accurate. The person with AD/HD has a beautiful mind that can function in ways that linear brains don't function. People are our most precious resources and we believe this is especially true of those with AD/HD. Our work focuses on assisting adults, parents and students to focus on their strengths/gifts as well as providing assistance with systems, tools, life & thinking skills, and strategies to overcome the challenges.
Philosophy: The Client Comes First
- If we always do what is best for the client, there will be enough clients to fill the needs of our coaching practice.
- Therefore, we work in an environment that offers client support within our team when a client need is identified that can better be served by another coach.
- Our coaching engagements are fairly long in duration (6 months to 1 year) to offer the client the opportunity to develop self-sustaining habits/behaviors and confident independence. We don't promote or claim to provide a "quick fix" or a "cure".
- We collaborate within our team and with each other to promote the best possible client experience.
- We refer to other professionals when appropriate.
Philosophy: A Supportive Work Environment Is Important
- We truly work as a team!
- We support, care for and offer compassion to each other.
- We do not compete with each other
- We know that we are all precious and mistake-making individuals.
- We communicate clearly and openly with each other.
- We learn together and from each other.
- We share our knowledge freely.
- We have no hidden agendas.
- We believe that PowerSystems is bigger than any one of us and support its growth and development as a team.
Philosophy: The Client Knows What Is Best For Them
- Some of our clients choose to take ADD/ADHD medication and some don't. It is a personal choice.
- We encourage client self-awareness as a tool to promote wise and healthy choices.
- We communicate clearly and openly with the client and promote forward movement.
- Questioning is an important tool to assist the client in self-awareness/decision making.
- In the event the client does NOT have the information, we offer it in terms of options, role play, modeling, etc.
- Every client experience, system or other tool is highly individualized to meet the client's needs.